Spokes publishes maps for
- Edinburgh (9th edition, 2010) – £5.95
- East Lothian (3rd edition, 2014) – £5.95
- Midlothian (3rd edition, 2009) – £5.95. 4th edition expected early 2015.
- West Lothian & Livingston (3rd edition, 2012) – £5.95
- Glasgow (1st edition, 2007 – published jointly with Go Bike, Strathclyde Cycle Campaign) – £4.95. To be replaced by the 2nd edition printed on polyart tearproof paper and updated including cycle hire locations. Projected publication date Spring 2015
- Glasgow Online (2014, published jointly with Go Bike, Strathclyde Cycle Campaign & Glasgow Bike Station) Geospatial cycle map for smartphones Apple and Android. Free download until the printed map is available for sale. Copy & paste links below into your phone browser. Comments to imaxwellATgn.apc.org
iOS: Step 1) Get PDFMaps… itms://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/avenza-pdf-maps/id388424049?mt=8 Step 2) Download map… avenza-mapstore://product_details/92073
Android: Step 1) Get PDFMaps… https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Avenza Step 2) Download map… http://mapstore.avenza.com/public/92073/
The Spokes Edinburgh Cycle map is the essential guide to cycling in Edinburgh – over 100,000 of these fantastic maps have been sold since the first edition in 1987!! Roads and paths are marked according to suitability for cycling, and the latest edition includes the recent new and planned routes. Smaller scale maps on the reverse help you plan journeys further afield. The Glasgow map follows a similar approach.
Our three Lothians maps are also of excellent design, with whole-area mapping at 1:30,000, distances between junctions, and a much-appreciated and easy-to-understand gradient system. The reverse sides have street plans at 1:10,000 of many of the towns (space permitting) and information about places of interest for visitors.
Order [post-free] by sending a cheque payable to SPOKES to:
St Martin’s Centre
232 Dalry Road
With any order by post you can request one free copy (per order) of either My Favourite Bike Ride or My Favourite Cycling Recipe [until stocks run out]. These booklets contain top entries from our Spokes annual competitions. This offer does not apply to online orders.
Or Click Here to order online from Bike Trax. Go to Products -> Bike Parts & Accessories -> Books/DVDs/Maps.
Spokes maps may not be copied, in whole or part, without permission. If you see this done, please email timATvizualz.co.uk
Map feedback from users…
“Caution – Lots of steps!!! Lesson for the day – Check the Spokes map FIRST!!” [http://healthyedinburgh.com/carfreequeensferry/ [tweeted by
“Hi guys! Your brilliant West Lothian map helped me out on my latest exploring adventure ” [tweeted by
“Livingston today by bike/train (with @SpokesLothian map!). Walking talk with HMRC staff. Fab offroad paths.” [tweeted by @HelenRambler, 2013]
“Just started cycling to get fit, used your East Lothian map today and really enjoyed it. It’s a great map! Thanks ” [tweeted by @LA_Anders, 2013]
“I am a great fan of your maps – especially the Edinburgh one which has been a joy to use and a joy to discover the (almost!) inter-connecting car-free pathways.” [Ben Vogelsang, cycling photographer, 2013]
“Thanks to our Spokes Maps we were rightly guided all the way … we really felt in good hands.” [Dead Dog Blog, July 2012]
“On a family ride to the Borders my brake cable broke – I checked the Spokes Midlothian map and found a shop in Penicuik (Motavation) – they couldn’t have been more helpful.” [SRD, July 2010]