Selected Routes & Rides in Edinburgh and Lothian
Unaccompanied rides – Spokes maps & guides
- Spokes maps – our excellent maps of Edinburgh, Midlothian, East Lothian, West Lothian and Glasgow enable you to plan your own route with complete freedom
- Spokes Favourite Cycle Rides booklet
- Click the title above for more about the booklet
- The booklet is free on request when you buy a Spokes map from Spokes (by mail order or at a Spokes stall)
- Or send £2 payable to Spokes [postage included]
- It will probably also be on sale (£2) at some bike shops
Unaccompanied rides – selected other route guides
- Edinburgh Council – local areas bike maps ‘Explore Edinburgh by Bike’
- Midlothian Council – local leisure cycling and walking routes
- East Lothian Council – local areas bike maps
- West Lothian Council – town bike maps
- Spokes Sunday Rides ‘Explore, Dream, Discover!’ First Sunday each month, 30-40 miles. Meet 10am, Usher Hall. Lunch at pub/café, or bring picnic. We show the way, help with breakdowns, wait for the less-speedy. Your bike must be in good order. Not suitable for complete novices, and if under 14 you must come with an adult. More info: www.snowcycle.co.uk email stuart[AT]snowcycle.co.uk; phone 0131 445 7073.
- Mellow Velo An independent informal group, set up originally by Spokes members, meeting for leisurely weekend rides, often staying in hostels or B&Bs.
- Gentle rides suitable for occasional and/or novice cyclists. See which suits you from Edinburgh 20-milers, Edinburgh EasyCycle and (in West Lothian) Livingston 20-milers.
- All rides There is a wide range of rides on offer in and around Edinburgh, whether you are a novice or experienced. Virtually all rides are listed and described at www.cycling-edinburgh.org.uk.