The Scottish Parliament Information Centre (Spice) has published a briefing paper on cycling in Scotland. The document incorporates the summary table from our Spokes 2009 Funding Survey, which it calls, “the most comprehensive analysis of funding for Scottish cycling projects.”
The Spice Research Briefings are intended as impartial documents to inform MSPs and others involved in the work of the Scottish Parliament. They are independent research publications for the entire Parliament, not decided by or controlled by the party which is in government.
The new briefing Cycling in Scotland, 09/48 deals only with cycling as transport, not as sport, and was published on 31 July. It is a fairly short document, summarising…
– the Scottish legislative and policy framework on cycling
– main agencies and organisations involved
– the National Cycle Network
– statistics on cycling in Scotland
– funding for cycling projects in Scotland
– sources used in the document
The section on the policy framework includes coverage of the current CAPS consultation – see Spokesworker 20 July 09 for our thoughts on CAPS, and how you can comment.