Update Dec 2013: Solway to Forth inital outline map [pdf 2MB]
There’s a great new idea for a ‘Firth to Firth’ holiday cycle route…on the lines of the other existing coast-to-coast routes such as C2C, Hadrians and Reivers
These routes are not only great fun for the participants but have helped bring more life to many local rural and small-town businesses and communities.
The routes are largely founded and backed by Sustrans, and the idea for a Firth to Firth route, Solway [Annan] to Forth [Edinburgh and Queensferry] is being pushed by Sustrans founder John Grimshaw.
The F2F concept is already supported in principle by Scottish Borders and Dumfries & Galloway councils. A ride to test out the possibilities is being led by John Grimshaw and consultant David Gray from September 2-4.
Also in the new Spokesworker…
- Forthcoming planning proposal exhibitions/consultations
- Spokes Competition ends 6 September – enter now!
- News from Edinburgh Council’s Cycle Forum
- Climate change – consultation, lecture, reports, etc CORRECTION the 2020 Climate Group Lecture on Sept 11 is at St Paul’s & St George’s Church, Broughton St – not George Street. The entry in Spokesworker has now been corrected.
- Niceway Code not-nice bus advert
- Stand for your local Community Council?
- and more…