Out now!! Including – Edinburgh first UK council to promise 10% of transport budget for cycling … also first in UK to allow bikes on regular tram services … but spoiling reputation by scrapping offpeak and Saturday bus lanes … and much more … Read on!! …
Spokes Bulletin 122 is hitting the doorsteps of all Spokes members, 1200 decision-makers across Scotland [including all 129 Scottish MSPs and all 132 Edinburgh+Lothians councillors, transport consultants, health officials, …] with copies for a further 10,000 other cyclists and interested individuals through bike shops, libraries etc throughout Edinburgh, Lothians and beyond.
You can download Bulletin 122 on our Spokes Bulletin page. Articles & pictures in B122 include [with links to tweets* or website articles for more info] …
- [p1] Edinburgh first UK Council to promise 10% of transport budget (capital and revenue) for cycling
- [p1] Edinburgh first UK Council to allow bikes on regular tram services
- [p1] Spokes traffic count: cars down and bikes highest % ever
- [p3] Edinburgh downgrades bus lanes, Glasgow boosts them
- [p3] Transport Convener Cllr Lesley Hinds gets a bike
- [p3] New Spokes Midlothian map
- [p2] Summer competition: My Favourite Bike Ride [also online soon!]
- [p2] Spokes supermarkets project
- [p4] City centre & Leith Walk bike route plans
- [p2] Spokes public meeting on Bike/Rail
- [p6] Scottish cycling investment to rise slightly
- [p6] ‘War on the motorist’ ??
- [p7] Scottish Govt trunk roads dept fail to integrate cycling
- [p8] Sustrans Community Links projects 15/16
- [p7] A90 cycleroute opens
- [in the printed version] A Transform Scotland supplement
Spokes members in their mailing, in addition to the Bulletin, also get…
- Edinburgh Festival of Cycling – printed programme
- Bike Station – news update
- Midlothian flyer – cafes and attractions which welcome cyclists
- Bike/Rail Public Meeting – great Tim Smith poster
Everyone joining Spokes in the next few weeks will be sent these inserts along with the new Bulletin [until they run out].
We have spares of the new Bulletin for bike leafletting at workplaces, shops etc – let us know if you could use a supply. Many Spokes members take a regular supply of each issue for their local workplace, shops or other useful desinations.
*If you like our tweets, please retweet!!