Out now!! Including – More on the 15/16 government budget mess-up; Cycling development in the Lothians – supplement & public meeting; our annual councils’ funding survey; and masses more…
Spokes Bulletin 120 is hitting the doorsteps of all Spokes members, 1200 decision-makers across Scotland [including all Scottish MSPs and all Edinburgh+Lothians councillors] with copies for a further 10,000 other cyclists and interested individuals through bike shops, libraries etc throughout Edinburgh, Lothians and beyond.
You can download Bulletin 120 on our Spokes Bulletin page. Articles & pictures in B120 include…
- [p1 & p6] Scottish Government 15/16 draft budget set to cut cycling investment, with infrastructure worst hit – but still time for us/you to rectify this
- [p1, p2 & supplement] Lothians cycling developments and Nov 20 public mtg on Lothians developments. Supplement also includes new summary Lothians cycling map by Tim Smith, showing main routes and area coverage of Spokes Maps. See also subsequent circular to Lothians members.
- [p6,7] Our annual survey of Scottish Councils cycling investment
- [p1,3] Edinburgh cycleroutes opening & planned
- [p2] Prizewinners from our summer competition
- [p4] £202 for garden bike shed permission refusal
- [p8] Bike/rail – many developments including re Waverley, Queen Street, Borders Rail and the whole of ScotRail under franchise-winners Abellio.
- [p8] Mark Carney, Bank of England governor, on avoiding “catastrophic climate change“
- [p3,4] More Edinburgh updates: road maintenance cycling boost; Haymarket tramline crashes; onstreet bike parking; cars into bus lanes;…
- [p1-8] Loads more…,
- AND, in all the above … what you can do to help