Out now!! Including – A little more cycling cash in Government budget; Edinburgh Council cycle budget now 8% of transport!; City Centre feature; shocking Council retreat on bus lanes; Glasgow v. Edinburgh; Superhighways in London (and Edinburgh?) … Read on …
Spokes Bulletin 121 is hitting the doorsteps of all Spokes members, 1200 decision-makers across Scotland [including all Scottish MSPs and all Edinburgh+Lothians councillors] with copies for a further 10,000 other cyclists and interested individuals through bike shops, libraries etc throughout Edinburgh, Lothians and beyond.
You can download Bulletin 121 on our Spokes Bulletin page. Articles & pictures in B121 include [with links to further info] …
- [p1 & p7] Scottish Government cycling cash – campaigning achieves extra £3.9m but total still unclear. Also govt cycling cash 2001-2015.
- [p6] Edinburgh cycling cash – in 15/16 rises to 8% of transport total
- [p1] Council plan to downgrade bus lanes – retreat on its own Local Transport Strategy
- [p1,2,3] Edinburgh City Centre – public meeting; east-west route – will it compare with new London segregated superhighways; challenges over Princes Street, George Street, Leith Street & more
- [p1,3,4,6] Other Edinburgh policies/actions/challenges – Citywide 20mph; school streets; arterial roads; bike share; fietsstrook trial; Haymarket tramline crashes
- [p2] Spokes Supermarket project – bike parking & access
- [p8] Glasgow v. Edinburgh – who is most bike-friendly?
- [p8] Worldwide cycling matters – world development; climate
- [p6] Fortress Waverley – Access remains hopeless from Waverley Bridge – Cllr Hinds challenges Network Rail boss
- and loads more…
- AND, in all the above … what you can do to help.
- Also in the printed bulletin [and downloadable on our Bulletin page] is a supplement from Dutch rail company Abellio, the new ScotRail frachisee.
Spokes members in their mailing, in addition to the Bulletin, also get…
- Living in a flat/tenement with a bike – our great factsheet, and a 2015 update sheet covering onstreet parking and bike shed developments
- Bike Station – news update, including puncture repair classes, cycling lessons and even how to cycle on the canal (yes the canal, not the towpath)
- Pedal on Parliament 2015 – an excellent flyer [more available from Spokes or from PoP]
- City Centre Public Meeting – the great Tim Smith poster
Everyone joining Spokes in the next few weeks will be sent these inserts along with the new Bulletin [until they run out].
We have spares of the new Bulletin for bike leafletting at workplaces, shops etc – let us know if you could use a supply. Many Spokes members take a regular supply of each issue for their local workplace, shops or other useful desinations.